The need for this Community Information website was identified as part of Local Community Planning initiatives across the Musselburgh area. People we spoke to consistently said that, while they knew lots was going on across the community, there was no simple way of finding out what was going on when, where or how to get involved.
This website is designed to create a network of local groups, services and activities that will be useful to a wide range of people across the area, but it will only work if local groups get involved.
How you can become part of Musselburgh.info:
- Add your events , classes, meetings etc to the Community calendar – email details to either Musselburgh.firstname.lastname@example.org or MusselburghLCP@eastlothian.gov.uk , or drop the details in to Musselburgh Library
- If you already have a webpage link it to the network – contact us to be added to the list of local groups
- Include the Musselburgh.info button linking back to this site on your web page. This will help build up a real network of what is on in the area - widgets and links
- If your site has a ‘news feed’ we can integrate it so it shows here – just ask
- If not you can send us news items to be added to the ‘latest news’
- If you do not have a web presence the site also has the capacity for local groups to develop simple micro sites which are easy to manage and update. If you are interested in developing your own site you can find out what is on offer here or contact us for more information.
The development of this website has been supported by the East Lothian Community Planning Partnership. For more information contact the Local Community Planning team at MusselburghLCP@eastlothian.gov.uk